Earlier this week Dustin and I went to the Pepin Heights Store in Lake City for pumpkins and apples. But really, I just wanted to go so I could make my 5 minute caramel apple dip! Definitely one of my favorites this time of year.
I made the dip and brought it to the station today – and it was a hit! Here is the recipe for you:
- 1 8 ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 16 ounce container caramel dip or thick caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup toffee bits (I used the Hersey’s Heath Bar kind!)
- Place the cream cheese in a medium bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sugar and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture into an even layer in a 3 cup serving dish.
- Pour the caramel dip or sauce over the cream cheese mixture. Spread into an even layer. Top with toffee bits and serve with sliced apples. (I used SweeTango apples. Delicious.)